And not enough time to knit them all up. I have three more designs for toys in the works, and they have a theme: African Savannah animals, or African Savannah Friends, if you will. So far I've written patterns for a tiger, a zebra, and an elephant. The tiger needs a bit of tweaking, so I won't show you the prototype just yet. I'm almost finished with the zebra prototype, and he is way cute. I haven't quite finished the elephant pattern, but I hope to get an elephant prototype knitted up this week. I've made two elephants in the past from patterns I got from the internet. Well, I did modify both patterns, and I really wanted to write my own using some elements from the patterns I already have. I don't plan on selling these patterns, so I don't feel terrible about shamelessly (and modifying) the best bits of some other patterns for my own designs.
In addition to all those exotic animals, I have an idea for a caterpillar and a bumblebee to go with the lady bug I made (Creepy Crawly Friends). I also have a teddy bear pattern written up that I need to make a prototype for, but I don't expect to have to make many changes to that one.
All of these ideas are well and good, but I really want to be able to get a bunch of these made up in time for Market on the Square downtown in a couple of weeks. That is, if I can get a spot at the market. That is not a given, but I have an application submitted anyway.
In the meantime, I've had several orders from daycare, and they'll do Market on the Square again in the fall, just in time for Christmas orders. I should have a good stock going by then, and hopefully I can get my application in early for that one. I have an idea for a penguin that is completely inappropriate for summer.
11 hours ago