Friday, August 20, 2010

Socks! (among other things)

I finished the elephant I was working on (his name is Ethan, FYI) and got him listed on Etsy the other day. Have a look:
















I've just realized that this is the first elephant I've made that I've actually taken pictures of. The other three were finished the night before they were sold (and night = bad lighting, so no pictures).

I also managed to knit a new teddy bear for my shop.















After that intense rush of business a couple of weeks ago, things have slowed down, but that's ok. I expect things to pick up in the next couple of months, as people begin their holiday shopping.

But toys are not what this post is about. This post is about socks. I am about to (finally!) start on my first pair of socks. I am going to start with a basic worsted weight sock pattern and then venture into more complex (and time-consuming) patterns. I chose Knit Picks Shine Worsted (what else?) in French Blue as the yarn for my first sock knitting adventure. They're going to be great, I can feel it. Hopefully I can get them finished this weekend and show them to you soon. My feet can hardly wait.

In other news, I've also signed up for Dish Rag Tag, a dishrag knitting relay race mediated by Emily of Yarn Miracle (click the button below for details). This is my first time entering the race, and it promises to be loads of fun.








Oh! I almost forgot! My dissertation defense was a smashing success on Wednesday. I won't insist that you call me Dr. LaTina now (but you are welcome to do so if that is your heart's desire).

No comments:

Post a Comment