Sunday, August 15, 2010

To-Do List

That most exciting yet dreaded time is almost upon me - I will be defending my dissertation in three short days, and I am really starting to get nervous. So mainly my to-do list consists of "rehearse defense." Since I can't feasibly rehearse 24/7, I'm also adding several knitting projects to the list.
  • Finish the elephant I'm working on and get it listed on Etsy
  • Knit and list a teddy bear
Then comes the fun, not-for-my-shop stuff. My first foray into the wonderful world of sock knitting! I'm so excited. I found a really easy (looking) basic sock pattern, which I'm going to try first. Then I plan to move on to this gorgeous lace pattern I found for the amazing merino wool/silk blend sock yarn I bought last week. I have quite the stash of sock yarn for someone who hasn't knitted so much as one pair of socks (yet).

After my first pair of socks, I think I'll finally start working on this gorgeous cardigan that I can hardly wait to finish. Or maybe I'll end up starting the cardigan before the socks. You never know with me. I tend to do things on a whim. I'll probably end up knitting gauge swatches for both the socks and the cardigan before I actually start working on either one. That's the really great thing about knitting toys - no gauge swatches (because it doesn't matter if your stuffed animal size is off by an inch or two).

Off to knit a body for my elephant!

No comments:

Post a Comment